27 March 2006

Yawping Ad Nauseum

This is a picture that you will not find on the Wabash College homepage. In the very least, I would have never guessed during the months that lead up to my first year, that an activity anything like Chapel Sing existed at Wabash.



Before coming to A&M, I had never humped it and yelled with 44,000 before, but I had certainly humped it and yelled with 24 in a match of competitive screaming with the other pledge classes my freshman year.

In the month or so leading up to homecoming and Chapel Sing, you could walk across campus at night with the sounds of the school fight song being evacuated from the young and naive lungs of our new freshmen -- each house delivering the same fight song with its own cadence and own spirit.

With the scarlet, green, and white house colors that adorned our faces, we were asked to look fierce and yell loud. I, for one, looked absolutely ridiculous and scared shitless; but I most certainly loved every minute of it.

No comments: