10 October 2005

On this Day, the Eve of my First Quantum Mechanics Midterm

1. Knowledge of the first midterm came from a second, third, maybe even fourth-hand source. It's rather difficult ascertaining important facts like assignments and exam dates when your professor does not speak in altogether clear English and enjoys keeping some things secret. At any rate, I hope the message got all construed like in some convoluted game of telephone. Maybe, "Exam next Tuesday," is code for, "I will bring you all a bucket of potato salad. We'll have a picnic outside. Someone bring chips and dip."

I suppose I'll take my chances with there actually being an exam though...one can never be too cautious after all.

2. Are you feeling those nearly mid-semester doldrums yet? Try a Jello pudding pop....bleeeeeeeeble blaaaaaaaaable. Or so says Bill Cosby.

3. There may not be anything funnier (or perhaps more pathetic) than spending a portion of your Sunday afternoon watching WWE Monday Night Raw on the Mexican channel, complete with Spanish dubbing nevertheless.

4. According to Dr. Krause, the best way to prepare for an exam is, "to be smart." And that is NOT taken out of context, ladies and gentlemen. Imagine being a young, unwitting freshman undergraduate looking for study advice on an upcoming exam and getting that as an answer. I for one, am incredulous that I managed to make it this far.

5. "HEY...WHA' HAPPENED?!" -- Fred Willard in "A Mighty Wind"

No comments: