12 March 2009

Frivolous Chain Letters

Friend of mine posted this as a facebook note. Presumably it had been sent to him like any manner of creepo chain emails, the ones that are written in a melange of wonderful and bright colors, as plentiful as the stars in the night sky. They are often prosaic, in a profoundly distasteful and amateurish way which hearkens you all the way back to a simpler time.


 I have to admit it. The Pseudo-liberals were right.

 They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate,
 and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence
 Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the
 Bush administration.

 They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply
 embroiled in the Middle East, and sure enough tens of thousands of
 additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan.

 They told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse and
 sure enough unemployment is approaching 8.8% and the new stimulus packages

 implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time
 since 9-11

 They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high
 ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent
 cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of bribery and
 tax fraud.

 Well I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain. And
 they were right... all of their predictions have come true.

But seriously, who was this written by? Perhaps it was the same guy that wrote the "Footprints" poem. When you get to the end, you half-expect to look back upon your life and realize that John McCain was carrying you all the way through the hard times of economic recession and crooked federal government. Maybe you were on his back, or he was cradling you in his rugged and manly arms. Ah, but what a dramatic and unexpected twist at the end! Truly, the writer of this is a master in the craft of wit, not unlike O. Henry methinks.

No comments: