03 October 2006

Resuscitation Instructor

Today, I received student reviews of my teaching from the sections I taught last spring.

Here are some random comments:

1) His strengths lie in his person; his weaknesses, nonexistent.
2) Button is very knowledgable, funny, and promptly responded to e-mails. Good at answering all questions, cares whether or not students understood the concepts.
3) First one I've ever had that could effectively communicate using the english language.
4) So nice, willing to help...
5) Jonathan was flexible...
6) Weakness: Long-winded; Strength: Spoke good english
7) He isn't well-prepared. It is rare if he finishes a problem w/ the correct answer...is likely he will confuse you. I like his grading style, and he's nice and funny.
8) Hard to follow. Always late.
9) He was great.

So there you have it, I seem to have opened to mixed reviews. The consensus clearly was that I showed a lot of concern and patience, although that did not always translate to being effective as a teacher.

So far this semester, I feel that I've been well-prepared for every recitation period. But the lab periods tend to be a nightmare because of the equipment or because of how the lab instructions are written.

Oh well...

2 comments:

Sarah @ All The Book Blog Names Are Taken said...

Well I think you're WONDERFUL.

T. Ambrose Nazianzus said...

What do freshmen know anyway?

Its not physics that is important...its all the life lessons you impart along the way.