16 February 2006

I Shill for no Man

The temperature hovered in the mid-70s today.

I got my PowerBook back yesterday. The hard drive had some major character issues or something, and so the mysterious people at the local Mac retailer finally got around to replacing it with one that works. Unfortunately, I never got around to backing up the old hard drive. Although, I did figure out how to get the songs off of my iPod and onto the new hard drive (iTunes be damned). The fact that my PowerBook now runs on the Tiger Mac OS X is perhaps one of the more encouraging aspects of this whole ordeal.

Mac and Windows users alike can get a dozen or so useful open-source programs from the aptly named disc, Software for Starving Students. It includes such gems as OpenOffice, Blender (for 3D modeling, among other things), and also has a handful of games and whatnot. Also, if you're looking for a jankety open-source, genero-version of Mathematica, give MuPad a try.

While I'm advertising, I just have to say, "You gotta love that Allstate guy."

And speaking of guys, no product has a more biblical spokesman than Sweep n' Mop's own Saul Judah. Would you try this with your old-fashioned mop? Not a CHANCE!. So what if the product is simply a mop sponge with ridges -- the fact of the matter is that the voice behind this product may or may not be a successor to the throne of David.

No comments: