17 January 2006

Hooray!

I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth as of late. Oh well. My powerbook is currently very sad and sick right now. If you could please say a prayer for its timely recovery, I'd very much appreciate it.

In other news, I just started my second semester as a physics graduate student at Texas A&M.

Beth literally bought me a real koala for christmas. His name is Harry, and he lives at a koala refuge in Brisbane, Australia.

I saw two Beluga whales at the Georgia Aquarium.

And I played lots of video games while at home in Cleveland.

All in all, I must say that I had a most productive winter break.

For my T.A. sections this semester, I think I'm going to allow my students to earn extra credit by writing letters about what they are learning in physics to Harry the koala.

I also resolve to turn purple and sit in the stink-o corner for fifteen consecutive days.

And I would like to try writing longer, better pieces of short fiction. Perhaps I'll study some classical electrodynamics and statistical mechanics along the way.

No comments: