01 September 2005

I don't Have an Accent



Your Linguistic Profile:



85% General American English

10% Dixie

5% Yankee

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern




I'm fairly certain that posting these blog quizzes is highly gauche, but that's alright, I suppose. I personally had no idea that there existed a midwestern and upper midwestern accent. I don't know what they are or what they sound like...not in the least bit. If anyone can help me with that, I would be most appreciative. At 85% General American English though, I'm well on my way to being an anchorman. For we all know that the most important requirement for making it onto network television is having a non-regional dialect. The fact that I'm more Dixie than Yankee seems to be quite befuddling as well. At any rate, I'll try to pick up some Dixie while down here in Texas.

What's the secret to my success?

Mentor is still pronounced Menner.
Coiffed is now pronounced Quaft.
Joe is now pronounced Peter.
Cuyahoga is still pronounced CHI-a-hoga.
Lebron is sometimes pronounced Bron-bron.
Tennessee-in' is still Tenne-believin'.

Thank You and Giggle 'Em Ags.

No comments: